Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Home

Where do we go from here? You ask yourself
Is this really where you belong?
The night is young and you decided to go
You follow the lights as you go
"I need to find myself"
"I need to know what's out there"


"I deserve to be happy, and so do you"
so you let me go gently wishing you did the right thing
you run, into the night
looking for something that can make you feel something
As you face your demons, you are not alone
my love, our love will guide you
baby steps, baby steps
till you decide to look back and see
how far we've gone

Through the night through the darkness
you can go past it all
tell your demons you're stronger than them
"I never lost myself,
it was here all along
 and I am here"

And when you get tired and weary
and all the smiles and laughter fades
when all the pretty lights go out
I'll be leaving my light on


Find me
after you find yourself
after you're done battling your demons
my love is bigger than our fears

I'll open the door for you if you lost your keys
I'll be waiting, and tell you that I've fought my demons as well
and we won
and we are home



0 comments:

Post a Comment